Methylene Dichloride – Common uses, properties and safety details
Methylene Dichloride is slight sweet in nature that smells like organic solvent and poses various safety risks if not consumed as per the instruction given by the experts. The acid is utilized for several of industries and it is good for chemical processes due to immense capability of reacting with organic compounds.
This is taken as active ingredient for organic paint strippers. This is good for manufacturing pharmaceutical drugs and various other medicines. It is used as aerosol to kill insects and to manufacture spray paint. It adds wonderful flavor to food and beverages.
This is necessary that Methylene Dichloride should always be consumed in small quantity only. If you are not sure about the right quantity then it is always better to discuss with Methylene Dichloride Suppliers about the usage or product application. When consumed in heavy amount, it may damage your brain or central nervous system.
What are uses and benefits Methylene Dichloride?
- Good for chemical processes due to presence of organic compounds.
- Active ingredient for organic paint strippers
- Good for manufacturing pharmaceutical drugs and various other medicines
- Used as aerosol to kill insects and to manufacture spray paint
- Adds wonderful flavor to food and beverages
Health risks by over exposure of Methylene Dichloride
When it is inhaled, it may result into coughing, breath shortness, severe headache, dizziness or vomiting etc. The over skin exposure may result into skin infection or skin burning problems. When it comes in contact with eyes then it many cause eye irritation or other serious health issues.
Safety Measures – Tips by Methylene Dichloride manufacturers
It should always be handled with great care especially when used at workplaces. Workers are strongly instructed to wear long shoes, safety gloves, face mask or goggles to protect the eyes.
Read More :
• Guideline for Methylene Dichloride manufacturers to minimize worker exposure
• List out use of Methylene Dichloride in food and Pharma industry